Random musings of the "off" guy

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Diets and .... Vulgar Phlegm?

Low fat diets!! They are everywhere!! Why is fat bad? Your body needs fat!!! Just not as much as we americans typically consume. So people turn to low fat diets. Food like pasta, rice and pita sandwiches filled with veggies take the place of our pizza and hamburgers we used to eat. Here is the catch... too much starch in your diet like in those foods become fat anyway. You can thank your liver for that.

200 calories from steak (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c21bQ.html) or 200 calories from plain spagetti ( http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c21VE.html) is still 200 calories (excluding cholesterol at the moment). Too many calories from either food will make you fat.

There are only 3 things get turned into energy for our bodies that are in our bodies; fat, muscle and simple stored sugars. Fat is the most efficient way of storing a lot of energy in a small space. So once your simple sugar supply is filled, starchy carbohydrates quickly become fat. I am not saying to go splurge at your favorite fast food resturant because it is all the same. I am saying that over splurging in anything is bad.

Essentially you can have very zero fat diet and still get fat. That is sort of my problem...I love my starches and eating less keeps me hungry!!!

Their in lies the problem but there is a solution... Phaseolus vulgaris. No, I did not insult you in latin. Phaseolus vulgaris is the extract from the white kidney bean that interferes with your body to digest and absorb starchy food. It has been scientifically proven to reduce blood glucose levels (sugar) by 57%. Every nutrient you eat ends up in your blood. Less sugar in your blood means less calories which means less sugar gets turn into fat. Nothing is a miracle get thin quick cure but this will help some people... a lot. Look for a Phase 2 Carbohydrate Starch Blocker/Neutralizer. I found that www.Drugstore.com has the 2 suppliments I needed for cheap. Like always, I get no money from any site I tell you to go to nor am I affilited with them in any way. I am just saving you time. More tomorrow on the 2nd suppliment.
David 12:29 PM

1 Comments:

ah, diets. i try not to bother. of course, i am a dancer and i'm already on a diet for my protein-restriction...[PKU, if you'd like to look it up.] but oh, well. you make a great point here: it's not just what you eat, it's what you do with it.

Add a comment